Group Claims Manager
POSITION: Group Claims Manager
LOCATION: La Capitale Insurance & Financial Services
DEPARTMENT: Group Insurance
REPORTS TO: National Director - Life and Disability Claims
La Capitale Insurance and Financial Services is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive work environment free of all forms of discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in pursuing a job opportunity with La Capitale Insurance and Financial Services and require us to make any accommodations, please advise us so that we can work with you to make suitable accommodations in the recruitment and selection process.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the National director, the Group Claims Manager plans, distributes, controls and oversees activities related to the management of disability Insurance. Also, the supervisor guides and mobilizes the employees under his/her responsibility to ensure that they contribute to achieving the goals and objectives of La Capitale.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
- Supervise and mentor employees on a daily basis. Monitor and oversee employee schedule, workload and deadlines.
- Collaborate in the hiring of new employees and the performance evaluation of staff.
- Collaborate with the best practices team (Coach, Trainer, Quality Control Specialist) in the support provided to Claims Case Managers.
- Assist in the management of departmental expenditures within the approved budget.
- Manage daily service and compliance administration standards.
- Ensure effective accountability (Key performance indicators (KPI) to measure quality, efficiency and costs).
- Investigate complex, difficult / unusual inquiries, complaints and situations. Identify, define and take appropriate action to resolve.
- Ensure that objectivity, tact and clear written and verbal communications are maintained in highly sensitive situations.
- Maintain business relationships with new and existing Business Partners and implement best practices to drive optimum outcomes.
- Ensure team provides exceptional customer service.
- Collaborate with the various departments in Head Office.
- Contribute to the harmonization of practice and standards with Head office.
- Support change management.
- Assume all other related responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in insurance.
- Excellent knowledge of disability insurance management in group insurance.
- Having an insurance designation is considered an asset (LOMA, CEBS (GBA), ICA, etc.)
- Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset.
- Required profile: Leadership and team spirit, Interpersonal skills, Autonomy and initiative, rigor and organization, very good analytical and problem solving skills.