Information about the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information using cookies and other technologies
- "La Capitale" refers to La Capitale Financial Security Insurance Company, as well as any other corporation under the control of Beneva Inc.
- "Personal Information" refers to any information about a natural person that allows, directly or indirectly, that person to be identified.
- "Site" refers to the La Capitale website.
- “User(s)”, “you” and “yours” refer to persons who access or use this Site.
We offer Users the opportunity to disable cookies and other secondary technologies at any time directly in your browser settings. However, disabling these functions could affect the Site’s general performance and your browsing experience.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are pieces of data, usually stored in text files, created by a web server and sent to your browser when you visit a website. These can then be retrieved by the server on subsequent visits.
Cookies collect and store data such as your browser type, your operating system, your preferences, browsing habits on the Site, the URL address or advertisement that directed you to the Site and your IP address. As some of this data may be considered Personal Information, La Capitale is committed to protecting it in accordance with best practices.
Cookies and other secondary technologies. La Capitale collects data using cookies and other similar technologies on three (3) levels, which require your consent.
- User behaviour and habits: Data on User behaviour and browsing habits is collected and shared with statistical analysis tools to continuously improve the Site. This data includes the time spent on the Site and the content most frequently visited. This data is also used to develop and enhance digital services.
- Targeted advertising: Your interest profile allows us to show you personalized ads on the platforms of advertising partners. These functions also track the advertisements you interact with on third-party websites.
- Personalized experience: Your preferences make it possible to personalize the content you find on the Site. These functions may be activated by La Capitale or by third parties whose services are used on the Site's pages.
Data collected by cookies and other similar technologies is retained only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes set forth in this policy and in accordance with the retention schedule established by La Capitale.
Questions and comments
To contact our Privacy Officer, please write to us at email@example.com or at :
La Capitale Financial Security Insurance
Company - MISSISSAUGA, ON
150 Derrycrest Drive
Mississauga ON L5W 0E5