POSITION: Facilities Coordinator
LOCATION: La Capitale Financial Security
DEPARTMENT: Office Services
REPORTS TO: Director – IT and Office Services
La Capitale Financial Security is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive work environment free of all forms of discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in pursuing a job opportunity with La Capitale Financial Security and require us to make any accommodations, please advise us so that we can work with you to make suitable accommodations in the recruitment and selection process.
As the Facilities Coordinator you are responsible for activities in maintenance of the facility, while ensuring that all facility equipment is safe and operational. You will also coordinate and schedule site operations, proactively manage vendors and develop and maintain client relationships with both internal and external clients, ensuring expected service levels are achieved. This role will report to the Director of IT and Office Services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
College and/or university degree.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule, assign and coordinate maintenance activities (i.e. carpentry, electrical, painting, plumbing, heating / ventilating and roofing).
- Ensure compliance with all legislation related to facilities/property management.
- Manage and track repairs and maintenance, minor works and other work requests.
- Accurately plan budgets related to capital expenses and projects.
- Conduct building, site and equipment inspections for any needed repair and maintenance work; audit and report weekly on facility conditions and schedule repairs/maintenance as needed.
- Respond promptly to emergency maintenance requests as required; troubleshoot issues to determine cause and solution.
- Assist with construction projects.
- Use computerized tracking system to ensure accurate collection of all maintenance work.
- Conduct and /or schedule all required fire safety tests and inspections ensuring record logs are maintained for compliance and enhancements purposes.
- Identify opportunities for improved operations and service excellence.
- Provide recommendations and keep track of the facility space allocation and layout.
- Other duties as required to support business needs.
KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Minimum 3 years facilities/building management and maintenance experience.
- BOMI Building Management designation preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and experience working with plumbing, fire protection, HVAC,
- Valid Class G driver's license is required.
- Experience supervising maintenance personnel.
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety requirements and vendor management is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship management skills particularly in working with external vendors and contractors.
- Ability to communicate with diverse teams and at all levels of the organization.
- Project management experience a definite asset.
- Excellent time management, organizational and multitasking skills
- French fluency an asset.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com (Opens in an email tools)