Personal information protection
Personal Information Protection Statement At La Capitale Financial Group Inc., safeguarding your privacy and ensuring the security of your personal information is a priority. That's why we have adopted a Personal Information Protection Statement and implemented control measures to make sure we protect your personal information and privacy, in compliance with applicable legislation. This statement, as well as our control measures, are based on the concepts set out below.
- “Statement”: The Personal Information Protection Statement.
- “La Capitale” and “We”: La Capitale Financial Group Inc., its subsidiaries1 and their authorized representatives.
- “Legislation”: All laws and regulations applicable to the protection of personal information.
- “Personal information”: Any information which relates to a natural person and allows that person to be identified.
- “Nominative data”: The name, telephone number, postal address and email address of a natural person.
- “Third party”: A natural or legal person other than La Capitale.
- “You”: Any person concerning whom we collect personal information as part of our role.
We are responsible for the personal information in our possession. Therefore, we have implemented control measures and security procedures to protect it. Officers have been designated to ensure compliance with this Statement and all applicable legislation.
In most cases we must inform you and obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information. You may signify your consent in writing, orally or electronically.
Use of personal information
We collect and hold personal Information in order to provide you with financial products and services, insurance, annuities, loans and related services. We use the personal information in our possession only for the purposes for which it was collected.
We use it for:
- Confirming your identity
- Protecting you from fraud and reducing risk
- Managing our business affairs with you
- Giving you an overall picture of your financial situation and insurance
- Offering you sound advice
- Informing you about products and services likely to interest you
- Receiving and making payments
- Processing your claims and other service requests
- Contacting you about our service offering
- Doing any other operations required or authorized by legislation
If you do not wish to receive our service offering, contact us to withdraw your nominative data from our file.
We collect only the personal information necessary for the operations listed above. Your consent is valid only for the length of time needed to achieve the purposes for which it was requested. If we collect personal information from a third party, such as credit rating agencies, employers or hospitals, or contact them to verify or complete personal information, we will obtain your prior consent, except in cases authorized by legislation.
Disclosure and retention
Subject to applicable legislation, we must obtain your consent before disclosing your personal information to a third party. If we do so, we ensure that the third party protects it according to our standards.
We store your personal information for the length of time needed to achieve the purposes for which it was collected, and thereafter, in compliance with applicable legislation.
Accuracy of information
We make every reasonable effort to ensure that the personal information that we hold concerning you is accurate, complete and up-to-date when it is used. We also count on your cooperation to contact us when there is any change to your personal information.
Access and correction
If you wish to access your file or make a request to correct it, you must contact us in writing.
Safeguards Your personal information is stored at our offices and protected by high security measures. Only our employees, mandataries, distribution partners and service providers may access your personal information, and solely when such access is required to perform their duties, carry out their mandate or fulfill their service contract.
You are welcome to contact us if you have any questions about this Protection of Personal Information Statement.
1. La Capitale Civil Service Insurer Inc., La Capitale Insurance and Financial Services Inc., La Capitale Financial Services Inc., La Capitale Financial Security Insurance Company and La Capitale General Insurance Inc. as well as any other future affiliates of La Capitale Financial Group Inc.