Group Claims Relationship Manager
POSITION: Group Claims Relationship Manager
LOCATION: RWAM Head Office, 49 Industrial Drive, Elmira, Ontario N3B 3B1
DEPARTMENT: Group Claims
REPORTS TO: Director, Group Claims
La Capitale Civil Service Insurer Inc. is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive work environment free of all forms of discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in pursuing a job opportunity with La Capitale Civil Service Insurer Inc. and require accommodation, please advise us so that we can work with you to provide suitable accommodation in the recruitment and selection process.
This role is primarily responsible for working directly with clients and working with one of our Third Party Administrators (TPA), coordinating La Capitale’s services in terms of special handling for claims management and improve customer experience. The Group Claims Relationship Manager could work with Account Executives, Employers, Advisors, Client Service Representatives and/or other many internal resources, as well as directly with our client base and administrative partners.
Managing Group Disability client requests; developing and maintaining long-term relationships by providing excellent customer service and consultative support on Disability Programs.
- Respond to client inquiries & service requests pertaining to their Disability programs and services
- Provide staff with support, advice, instructions, approval and resolution to claims.
- Establish action plan to implement optimization in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that objectivity, tact and clear written and verbal communications are maintained in highly sensitive situations.
- Attend client/ broker/ TPA meetings.
- Assist in defining, developing and implementing departmental policies, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for internal reporting and identification of improvement opportunity.
- Explaining reports to clients in collaboration with the sales team.
- Responsible for client support, annual planning preparation and meetings where appropriate
- Collect and analyze data to measure customer service satisfaction and suggest improvements in our processes.
- Follow up on manager consultations.
- Ability to travel across Canada could be required.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships and influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Demonstrated strong functional and technical skills with claims management technology and/or the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly
- Strong background in Group Disability Insurance
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task and work with limited direction;
- Ability to work from Elmira, ON (4 days/week);
- Ability to travel frequently to La Capitale Office in Mississauga, ON. (1 day/week)
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- Minimum 6-10 years of complex Disability Claims handling experience required;
- University Degree or College Diploma
- CEBS designation an asset
- Preferable work experience in a client interactive Claims capacity role;
- Strong development, facilitation, and presentation skills preferred;
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of the Group Insurance industry, Claims, and related client relationship experience preferred;
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Coaching and mentoring background an asset.