Director, Group Claims
JOB NUMBER: LC-19-08
POSITION: Director, Group Claims
LOCATION: La Capitale Insurance & Financial Services
DEPARTMENT: Group Insurance
REPORTS TO: Senior Director - Claims
La Capitale Civil Service Insurer is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive work environment free of all forms of discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in pursuing a job opportunity with La Capitale Civil Service Insurer and require accommodation, please advise us so that we can work with you to provide suitable accommodation in the recruitment and selection process.
Reporting to the Senior Director Claims, the successful candidate will oversee and manage the activities and resources working for the Group Insurance team in the disability and life claims department, including rehabilitation.
- Contribute to the development an effective execution of operational objectives for the department, by following them with indicators defined action plans aligned in accordance with a strategic plan.
- Directly supervise managerial claim level staff
- Establish and maintain a highly effective team work environment to achieve organizational goals and objectives
- Plan, direct and guide the activities of Employees and Managers in the investigation and settlement of claims to achieve timely, equitable and accurate claims resolution and settlement value in a manner consistent with client/TPA expectations which contributes to the profitability of the company
- Work interactively with QC management team to harmonize claim standards and practices, aligned with the organizational goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with new and existing Business Partners and reinsurer
- Collaborate with partners across functional lines to meet organizational objectives.
- Support and/or lead cross functional initiatives and projects
- Prepare periodic reports for Senior Director of Claims and other departments as required
- Supervise rehabilitation budget
- Prepare and follow the departmental expense and revenue budget and variance analysis to ensure the budget meets profitability and growth requirements
- Implement Best Practices to drive optimum outcomes
- Responsible for the internal auditor and trainers and implement recommendations
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the litigation process and litigation management, understanding of relevant legislative and regulatory changes
- Maintain thorough knowledge and application of insurance contracts and agreements
- Travel on behalf of the company, where needed
- Attend industry related conferences, when required
- Accountable for actively monitoring and analyzing both the performance and best practices of its department as needed to improve consistency and quality performance throughout the team.
- Implement and execute process efficiencies.
- Accountable for the execution and delivery of internal and external auditor recommendations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE:
- Possess a bachelor degree or equivalent;
- Possess a minimum of 7 years in group life and disability insurance, including 5 years in management
- Expert level in English
- Bilingual candidates preferred
- Knowledge of laws related to life and disability
- Strong management/leadership skills, with an emphasis on talent management, process improvement and control activities.
- Ability to influence culture and drive desired outcomes.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to clearly articulate objectives, strategies and decisions to varied audiences.
- Possess good organizational, presentation and time management skills
- Resourcefulness, flexibility and creativity
- Ability to generate creative solutions; proactive problem solver
If you feel you qualify for this opportunity and would like to apply, please attach your resume and forward your application to Human Resources via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 8, 2019.