Manager, Client Services and Distribution Support
POSITION: Manager, Client Services and Distribution Support
LOCATION: La Capitale Financial Security - Mississauga
DEPARTMENT: Client Services
REPORTS TO: Director, Client Relations
La Capitale Financial Security is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive work environment free of all forms of discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in pursuing a job opportunity with La Capitale Financial Security and require accommodation, please advise us so that we can work with you to provide suitable accommodation in the recruitment and selection process.
Reporting to the Director, Client Relations, the incumbent will plan and coordinate customer service and distribution support activities and collaborate in employee development activities and various projects of the department. The Manager, Client Services and Distribution Support ensures the efficiency of the department’s work by evaluating processes and proposing improvements, and will be instrumental in providing exceptional client service to internal and external clients.
Strategy and Direction:
The Manager, Client Services and Distribution Support is responsible for developing and implementing customer centric strategies for both short and long term goals/targets. The incumbent will ensure that those strategies are able to offer client service that meets or exceeds client expectations and industry best practices, while integrating with La Capitale’s corporate strategies.
Administration & Reporting:
- Manage the day-to-day operations in a high performance, team environment.
- Create and ensure the consistent application of established and repeatable policies, procedures and on-line training manuals, while ensuring that the appropriate customer service standards are being met or exceeded within the established operating hours.
- Develop and prepare call center capacity modeling, scheduler(s), forecasting and performance reports. Analyze and summarize data trends from various systems, including telephony, and identify and implement improvements as required to ensure optimal client service.
- Maintain and improve call center operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing and analyzing audits and reports; and managing system, process improvement and quality assurance programs.
- Effectively manage conflict resolution within the immediate team and across teams to ensure a collaborative high performance work environment by actively promoting and practicing La Capitale’s core values.
- Accomplish individual and team objectives through the development and roll-out of online and face to face training, coaching, monitoring and auditing, while ensuring the enforcement of policy and procedure.
- Determine and implement call center short term operational strategies through the assessment of staff performance; audits; capacity planning; identifying and evaluating best practices for the use of new and existing technology; ensuring alignment to the organizational strategy.
- Maintain the professional and technical knowledge of telephony and reporting by tracking emerging trends, reviewing industry publications and benchmarking, including evaluating and making ongoing recommendations for improvements.
- Responsible for hiring, managing the day to day performance, delivering the necessary support, coaching, mentoring, cross training and counseling in order to maximize both individual and team performance and development.
- Responsible for preparing and conducting regular audits in order to support performance growth, personal development, and job satisfaction, while supporting business objectives and ensuring optimal client service.
- Responsible for determining and documenting the severity of any performance issues, and taking the appropriate steps to ensure the effective management of the employee.
- Establish team targets through the development of KPI’s and benchmarking, and monitor activities to ensure that the quality of service meets or exceeds industry standards and client expectations.
- Ensure quality control measures (e.g. Telephony; Auditing) are in place and monitored on a continual basis. Provide summary results to the Director weekly and monthly, including identifying any items (people or process) of concern and recommended action plans.
- Develop and effectively manage strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and obtain ongoing feedback from various stakeholders (e.g. Sales). Develop and implement action plans to mitigate ongoing risks.
- Bring to successful conclusion all escalated calls, ensuring full investigation and focus on ‘win/win’ situations for all parties involved while weighing the outcome.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree or a Post-Secondary Certificate from a related business/finance program.
- Minimum 5-years direct Call Center leadership experience and minimum 2+ years of Life and Health Insurance and Savings and Investments experience.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills with an ability to seek out underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, listening and executing.
- Extensive business knowledge in the area of Client Service; telephony; reporting and analytics.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral & written communication, relationship management, organizational, customer service, analytical, problem solving, presentation, negotiation, leadership, motivational, and team building skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, evolving work environment; a self-starter with a high degree of initiative, urgency and follow-through.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat.
- ACS and PCS designation is an asset.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com